Storify is a platform that allows you to tell stories using elements from the social web such as tweets, Flickr photos and YouTube videos. There are so many ways to use the Storify app; one of my favourite ways is to capture tweets from a live event and turn them into a visually compelling story.
If you are new to the Storify app, follow my easy step-by-step guide to help you create your first story.
1. Log-in using Twitter or Facebook.
2. Click on Create New Story which will open a blank platform for you to create your story
3. On the top right hand corner you will find media sources to curate the elements of your story. You can search Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Flickr, and Google for elements to include.
4. Start by adding a headline for your story and a brief description so people will know what your story is about.
5. You can search for elements to add to your story from your chosen media sources.Once you find something you want to add drag it over to your story. This drag-and-drop method is what makes Storify such a great platform to work with as it keeps all of the original links and functionality of the original source and embeds them into your story.
6. Now add your commentary – this step is optional but it is a great way to personalise a story and add your own unique voice. For instructions on how to add a cover image, click here.
7. It is easy to make changes to your story. To delete an element hit the X in the right corner; to reorder elements in a story simply drag and drop.
8. When you are happy with your story, hit publish.
9. You can then notify people who have been quoted in your story, helping make it go viral.
10. You can also share your story on social networks and embed it on your website or blog.
At first glance Storify may seem like a complicated platform to master, but my Storify tutorial shows you it is really quite easy and fun to tell a story online.
If you would like to see some examples check out my profile at: https://storify.com/JBBC