I love learning about new tools to make social media marketing more creative and effective, so I’ve decided to share some of my favourite tools with you at the start of each week. This week’s cool tool recommendation is Canva, a super easy design tool to enhance your social media and content marketing.
Canva is one of my every-day go-to tools when I am creating visuals. It’s so easy and quick to use it with a multitude of layout options, fonts, images and illustrations to choose from. And best of all it’s free!
How to use it
1. Sign up at canva.com. The sign-up process is quick and easy.
2. Next click on “Create a design” and choose the platform for which you wish to create a visual, for example, blog, Facebook, Twitter, etc. Your image will be automatically resized to fit the size dimensions of each platform.
3. Click on “Layouts” to select a layout for your graphic. There are tons of layouts to choose from. When you find one you like, click on it and it will automatically populate the blank screen for you to work with. You can change out the design at any time by clicking into another layout template.
4. To add an image, select “Elements” which allows you to choose from a variety of shapes, illustrations, and photos from Canva’s royalty-free library. Note that not all images are free, some are priced at €1 each. You can also upload your own images to use.
5. To add text, click on “Text” and simply drag and drop your heading, subheading and body text. You can also choose from some pre-designed fonts, most of which are free.
6. Selecting “Background” allows you to choose different background colours and textures.
7. When you’re happy with your design, you have the option to embed it or share it from Canva straight to a social media platform, share a link for others to see the design, or edit it if you wish. You can also download it to your computer in jpeg, png, or pdf format.
And finally here’s one I made earlier…
Canva is so easy and versatile to use, I highly recommend you give it a go to enhance your visual marketing.