Your website is the hub of your digital efforts. You want your site to be optimized for search keywords, usability, and content. Doing so will help your website appear further up Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs) for the services you offer, and help increase the likelihood that users will remain on your site and get to know you better.
In the current digital age, most people find the services they are looking for, including healthcare, through search engines. If you want more people to find you online, you need to optimize your website through good search engine optimization practices. And if you want to attract new patients, your website also needs to be optimized for your local area. When someone uses the internet to locate a Medical Practice nearby, it’s critical that your website appears in those results (searches on mobile devices containing the phrase “near me” has skyrocketed in recent years).
In recent research carried out by BrightLocal, consumers were asked how they used voice assistants and voice search for local business. The top three most demanded voice search functions involve finding restaurants, grocery stores, and food delivery, with clothing, accommodation, and medicine following closely behind.
The Voice Search for Local Business Study also revealed that 46% of voice search users use voice search to find local businesses daily.
To get to the top of Google’s local SERP (Search Engine Results Page) follow these steps:
- Claim Your Google My Business Listing
- Add exterior and interior photos of your location, your logo and location details to your Google Business Listing.
- Encourage your patients to leave a review for you. Google reviews appear on your Google My Business profile, with a one- to five-star rating based on the number of positive ratings you receive.
- On your website, make sure your meta descriptions and keywords include location information.
- Create content relevant to your patients’ needs.
- Include your location information on every page of your website, either in the header, footer, or elsewhere on the page.
- If you have more than one office location, have a separate webpage for each site and include the address and location for each.
Include Google maps and/or directions to your office
Your website is pivotal to your digital marketing strategy. And with more patients than ever searching online for you via mobile devices, it’s imperative that your website is optimized for them to find you. It takes time and resources to optimize your site to deliver the best experience possible, but if you are serious about how your business performs, you need to get serious about the performance of your website too.