As physician practices become more comfortable in the social media sphere, their go-to preference for social media tools to attract patients is changing, according to a Digital Doctor survey initiated by ZocDoc in 2013.
At A Glance:
- Facebook is the most popular social media tool with half of respondents saying they had a Facebook page to attract clients.
- 34 percent are using Google+
- LinkedIn comes in third with 28 percent of doctors saying they had a presence on it.
- 63 percent allow patients to fill out medical forms online.
- 62 percent have sent e-prescriptions.