Welcome to this week’s social media quick tip. This week I want to show you how to create Twitter lists.
Twitter Lists are essentially filtered timelines and it’s one of the most effective and simple ways to get a handle on your Twitter engagement.
Here’s how it works:
1. Click on Lists on your profile page
2. Click Create New List
3. Name the List and provide a description
4. Designate the List as Public or Private & then hit Save List
5. To add or remove people from your Lists:
- Use the person icon drop-down menu on somebody’s profile
- Choose add or remove from Lists
- Choose the List you would like to add the person to or uncheck the List the person was already a member of
It’s so easy to build a Twitter List and it is such an effective and simple way to get a handle on your Twitter engagement. Each time you follow someone new on Twitter, get into the habit of adding them straight to one of your lists. If you haven’t already started with your lists, start building them today!
- Why You Need Twitter Lists and How To Organize Them
- How to Create Twitter Lists & 5 Genius Ideas for Using Them
Visit Twitter’s Help Center for more information on:
- seeing Lists you’re a member of
- viewing tweets from a List
- subscribing to a List
- editing or deleting a List
- sharing a List URL