Welcome to this week’s quick social media tip. Today I want to show you how to create a Fleet moment on Twitter.
Fleets are one of the newer features released last year by Twitter. Here’s how it describes them.
Not every thought deserves a Tweet. But that’s where Fleets come in. Say what’s on your mind and move on. You can share a photo, video, or some text with your followers but not have it appear on your Home Timeline. There are no likes, no Retweets, and Fleets can only be seen for 24 hours.
How to create a Fleet
To create a new Fleet, start by tapping your profile image. Tap the Fleet compose icon (plus sign).
- Compose your message (it can be comprised of text, photos, a GIF, or video).
Using the text editor to add media to your Fleet:
- Tap the screen to bring up the keyboard and toolbar.
- Tap the Align button to format the text center, left, or right.
- To change the text to bold, tap the B button.
- To highlight your text, select the Highlight button.
- The color wheel will change the text and highlight color, tap the color wheel icon to change the text.
- To move or resize the text, image, or emoji, use two fingers to pinch to resize or move the media.
- Tap the circle icon at the bottom left of the screen to change your Fleet’s background color.
Fleets appear above the Home timeline. When someone taps on the circle with your profile they’ll be able to see your Fleet for 24 hours.
So there you have it. It’s a very simple feature, but I haven’t seen too many use it. It seems to me to be a novel way to stand out among a sea of tweets with your message.
Have you tried Fleets? What are your thoughts on this feature?