Looking for internet and social media statistics in one easy to reference place?
Then look no further. We Are Social have produced a comprehensive new report which covers internet, social media and mobile usage statistics from all over the world. It contains more than 350 infographics, including global snapshots, regional overviews, and in-depth profiles of 30 of the world’s largest economies.
- The number of global internet users passed 3 billion while worldwide social media users exceeded 2 billion in 2014
- Mobile’s share of global web traffic leapt 39% since the same time last year, with one-third of all web pages now served to mobile phones. India’s web traffic is dominated by mobile devices, with phones alone accounting for 72% of all web pages served in the world’s second most populous nation
- Almost 42% of the world’s population has access to the internet in January 2015, representing a significant jump in reported numbers since last year’s report, when the same figure was just 35%
- The average internet user spends around 4 hours and 25 minutes using the net each day
- The average social media user spends 2 hours and 25 minutes per day using social networks
- Facebook continues to dominate the global social media landscape, claiming 1.366 billion active users in January 2015.
If you’d like to explore individual country data in more detail, you can download the complete report for free by clicking here.