Facebook has reached a new milestone: there are now 2 billion people connecting and building communities on Facebook every month.
Last week Facebook hosted its first-ever Facebook Communities Summit where Mark Zuckerberg announced a new mission for Facebook “Give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together”.
With this mission in mind, Facebook announced some new features to help group admins grow and manage their communities on Facebook.
- Group Insights: With Group Insights, you will be able to see real-time metrics around growth, engagement, and membership — such as the number of posts and times that members are most engaged.
- Membership request filtering: Facebook has added a way for admins to sort and filter membership requests on common categories like gender and location, and then accept or decline all at once.
- Removed member clean-up: Group admins can now remove a person and the content they’ve created within the group, including posts, comments and other people added to the group, in one step.
- Scheduled posts: You can now create and conveniently schedule posts on a specific day and time.
In addition to these updates, Facebook is testing group-to -group linking, which allows group admins to recommend similar or related groups to their members.
- How to Use Facebook’s New Group Insights and Features to Boost Your Group Engagement
- Facebook ‘Groups for Pages’ unlocks fan clubs
Do you run a Facebook group? Have you noticed any of these changes yet? Which new feature do you think will be the most useful to you?